EXTRA SMALL AREA
EXTRA LARGE AREA
New Laser Clients:
Consultation is required to hold an appointment and to conduct a Patch Test: $50.
Consultation fee will be waived if you decide to proceed with treatment.
*The consultation is excluded from any promotions.
Must come to appointment with area already shaven. No waxing, tweezing, or depilatory creams (2) weeks prior. Arrive with no creams or oils on area.
Please arrive 15 mins before appointment to complete Consultation Form & Fitzpatrick Skin Quiz, ensuring no contraindications. To save time, download the form and email Joan at email@example.com
No Show Policy. All new laser and skincare appointments require credit card information to reserve booking.
Your card will not be charged; however, in the event of a no-show, your card will be charged our consultation fee of $50.
Laser Hair Removal
Consultations are vital to ensure this treatment is appropriate for you.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is a light based treatment that generates heat, which targets the shaft of the hair follicle, minimizing hair growth. The procedure involves a cooling handpiece directly applied to the skin. The handpiece cools the skin before the laser light reaches the hair follicle. The goal of the procedure is the gradual reduction of hair in unwanted areas. On a pain scale, the procedure is minimal to painless.
How Many Treatments Do I Need?
Many factors contribute to the amount of treatments needed, such as skin tone, hair colour, area being treated. Hair growth is influenced by many factors such as age, ethnicity, hormones, medication, metabolism and genetics. Most clients require 6-10 treatments for ideal results, spaced 4-6 weeks apart. Commitment of attending all scheduled appointments is pertinent to gaining the best results. Afterwards, maintenance of 2-3 times per year can be done.
What results can I expect?
Ideally, no laser destroys every hair follicle. Some follicles are destroyed and others are miniaturized into fine hairs, while others are shocked into prolonged dormancy. Results can vary from 75 to 90% reduction and are dependant on a number of factors including hair colour and coarseness, skin colour, treatment area and commitment to scheduled sessions.
Any Side Effects?
Generally, there is no downtime. However, immediately after treatment, rarely there may be slight redness or appear irritated. Minimal swelling may occur. Other reactions may occur, however this can be discussed during your consultation.
Who Is An Ideal Candidate?
The ideal candidate is someone who has skin lighter in colour than their hairs, and who has minimal exposure to the sun. This treatments is ideal for someone who wants less maintenance and to reduce the frequency of waxing or shaving to the treated area.
Contraindications for Laser Hair Removal:
• Make sure no waxing, tweezing or depilatory creams 4 weeks prior. Only shave the area before and between sessions.
• Pregnancy or breastfeeding
• Actively trying to conceive
• Areas with tattoos will not be treated
• History of keloid scarring
• Exposure to sun or artificial tanning during the last 2-3 weeks (Sunburns)
• No sun exposure 1 week before treatment nor 1 treatment after
• Cancer, more specifically skin cancer
• Active skin diseases such as vitiligo and psoriasis
• Use of Accutane and photosensitive medication
• Any major uncontrolled health issues (i.e. Diabetes)
• Clients under 18 years old for hair removal
• Retinol for 2 weeks prior to laser treatment (face/neck)
• Chemical Peels for 2 weeks prior to treatment (face/neck)
Post Treatment Protocol
• 5 days post treatment, exfoliate areas treated
• No hot showers, steam and saunas for 3 days
• No direct sun exposure 1 week
• Until redness has subsided if any, avoid applying cosmetics or moisturizers with active ingredients to prevent irritation.